To download an Application Form, click here
Rysvil is always looking for experienced and qualified care professionals to provide care and
support to our clients and their families. To apply, please click here to download an
Main Purpose – To provide high quality care services to clients of Rysvil Care Agency.
To represent and promote RCS in all dealings with clients and their representatives.
To work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, nights and bank holidays to ensure
that adequate staff cover is maintained at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To carry out a range of care tasks as specified in individual care plans.
2. To promote, encourage and maintain independence for clients and their families
3. To contribute to the support of clients and their families
4. To ensure that the right’s dignity and choices of individual clients are paramount at all
5. To adhere strictly to the policies, procedures and guidelines issued by RCS.
6. To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed when undertaking all duties.
7. To keep records as required.
8. To maintain confidentiality regarding customers and their families in accordance with
guidelines set out for staff.
9. To pay particular attention to RCS’s Equal Opportunity policy statement in all your dealings
with clients, carers and other care workers or agencies.
10. To under take required training.
11. To attend regular meetings with your manager.
Night duty – Stay awake
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Manager
Purpose of Post Care Worker
To work within a team of staff providing positive care for a client/group of clients.
To have responsibility for certain tasks with specific client(s), as designated.
To remain awake during the night, to have specific responsibility for implementing and monitoring
night time care plan(s) in conjunction with link worker and as agreed at handover.
To provide support which offers client’s choice, dignity, respect, privacy and security.
To be aware of and acknowledge each client’s cultural beliefs and identity; to offer support and
advice if requested.
To work according to Rysvil Care Services policies.
To provide support, advice and guidance to new and relief staff.
To communicate effectively and foster good working relationships.
To provide details nightly reports and contribute to other report as requested.
To maintain confidentiality.
To work and liaise with client’s representatives as necessary.
To maintain accurate records in accordance with legal requirements (Luton & Beds Partnership
NHS Trust/ Luton Social Services, Health and Safety etc)
To make sound judgements of situations and take action as necessary.
To promote anti-discriminatory practice.
To attend regularly for supervision with the manager.
To attend in-house and external training courses in order to meet identified training needs.
Health and Safety
It will be the duty of every staff while at work to take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of
themselves and client(s) who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder
is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary.
Night duty – Sleep in
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager
Responsibilities Care Worker
Purpose of Post
To response to any emergencies that may arise during the night.
To ensure clients receive support, advice and assistance before going to bed and when awake
in the morning (8pm to 7am).
Rysvil Care Services Limited provide domiciliary care support for vulnerable adults/older people
with varying degrees of illnesses, people suffering with mental illness, learning disability and
physical abilities or others who rely on help to live a fulfilling life in their own home in the
1. Adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
2. Comply with the Company’s safety procedures and fire precautions.
3. Maintain confidentiality in respect of all business and client information.
4. Ensure that the clients’ Complaints Procedure is followed.
5. Respond to any emergencies that may arise during the night.
6. Inspect the house before going to sleep.
7. Ensure that the following areas are kept clean and tidy: Lounge, Hallways, kitchen
8. Write reports necessary to inform day staff of any incidents and health and safety issues.
|Previous experience of working in the care field||x|
|Work as a member of a team||x|
|Communicate effectively verbally||x|
|Carry out practical tasks||x|
|Responsible and reliable||x|
|Sense of humour||x|
|Knowledge and understanding|
|Knowledge of principles of community care||x|
|Knowledge of local community and facilities||x|
|Knowledge of welfare benefits||x|
|Knowledge of care plans.||x|
|Ability to work to a rota to provide 24 hour cover||x|